View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 02:40 PM   #6
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
Ok, so if I edited soi down to 380, eoi would fall 12 degrees? IPW is 4.9-5.0ms
There's an alcohol modifier, too, that might influence this, if it's been changed. I think my stock tune was adding up to 15* for alcohol. I say this because if your tuner changed this (or others I'm not even knowledgeable of), it might not come down enough. Your IPWs look good though. Is that at WOT? I would make sure to watch the IPWs when you bring the SOI down. Maybe bring it down in little chunks of 5* instead of the wholesale 20*. Watch the RAIL pressure, too, because if you don't allow for enough SOI, the ECM could drive IPW up to try to meet fuel demand, and RAIL pressure could drop.

How did the SOI get to +400* anyways? Was that from past tuning? I'm not suggesting that's wrong, but it was interesting to see if jump that high. I know the ECM will, sometimes, push SOI to where it thinks it needs to be, under certain circumstances, so I was just curious.

ALSO - if you see what the WB is showing as a RICH condition when your SOI and IPWs are all crazy, that could be FALSE. That could very well be an actual LEAN condition in the chamber that shows as rich, because the fuel is injecting into the chamber, but pushed past the exhaust valve while it's still open, showing a RICH condition, when the chamber is actually LEAN. Just be careful. That's why I was suggesting baby steps with the SOI.

There is also a thread Josh' posted a while ago with some good testing and information. Also - check out Matt Sanford's YT channel. He's posted some free SOI information, too.

JMHO.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote