View Single Post
Old 04-13-2024, 05:52 PM   #10
Randy V.B.

Drives: 2015 2ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by fz4k98 View Post
It sounds like the clutch is binding on the input shaft. If it works sometimes but not under load the slave would only be an issue if weak. However, the slave should only be pushing against the pressure plate fingers. If it also has to overcome the clutch binding on the shaft it would then make the slave appear weak when it is actualy excess force issue.

My car is apart now and the shimming was in range of the .125 to .200 at .176. My clutch would begin to engage about 1/3 off the floor.

If the car is started in neutral on flat ground, it will shift normal, but as stated when under load will not? That would point toward the binding.

That is exactly what it's doing, under normal circumstances on level ground or if the engine is running everything is perfect but when there is a strain on the discs they seem to be binding for some reason, either on the spline or I have it shimmed wrong. I had the car on the hoist tonight and when I get someone to push the clutch in both desks have plenty of wiggle room. I'm going to try to reach in there with feeler gauges and see how much they're actually is. There's not much room to look in there besides those bottom vents. Regardless I guess it needs to come apart I'm just hoping for some magical thing to happen so I don't have to lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 camaro 2ss rs 1le. jannetty blower cam,jannetty fuel controler, jannetty tune, 1050 id injectors, Kooks long tube's with zl1 corsa extreme exhaust. lsa conversion 14 lbs boost. roto fab intake. afco intercooler, Mcleod rst. hotchkis lowering springs.z28 rims, copo hood

Randy V.B. is offline   Reply With Quote