Thread: LT4 SOI EOI
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 01:11 PM   #15
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
Mine's now at 370/175. 370 makes sense, but the 175... not so much. Here's a graphic to study on rainy days.
Ben Charles posted that like 10-years ago, lol. He helped me on my tune early on, and it ran GREAT. That graphic might be specific for the cam he was doing these SOI/EOI tests on though. Just be careful with what you're referencing, is all I'm saying.

What doesn't make sense about the 170*? Why did it drop so much? If that's what you're asking, it could be because you pulled SOI back such that the ECM has to inject that far toward the compression side. Some might say that might work, but is on the edge, but others may say to put SOI back up some degrees.

It is my understanding, ideally - you want EIO to not drop below 180*. It is my understanding that EIO is about where the highest efficiency is; that you could also hear it in the tone of the exhaust. I've heard it in my exhaust, I believe: it sounded a lot more staccato - that is, the pulses were a lot more separated from each other, whereas when EIO was lower (and the WB showed a false RICH) and probably spraying into compression, the individual pulses were very muddy, if that makes any sense.

At least that's what I've gathered.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote