View Single Post
Old 04-24-2024, 08:29 AM   #12
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan91 View Post
I have a 22” fbo stage 1 cam tuned by gpi. I was thinking about sending my trans module to hptuners to get unlocked and have it tuned. Is it worth the effort and money? How much faster will it be?
This is a subject not as cut and dry as it seems on the surface so take what the groups are telling you with a grain of salt

FBO, LOL! this is a good one that has no meaning because it means something different to everyone on the planet.

Not picking on you, Humans tend to follow trends even when they are bad ones.

I can unlock TCMs in house, no need to send to HPtuners any more, Your tuner should have the equipment by now.

The ECM calibration is a crucial to how the trans works.

These are torque based systems, so if the ECM CALIBRATION is off even the slightest, the TCM will not know what to do with the wrong torque reported by the ECM.

Stock A-10 Calibration is Spot on when torque reporting is correct.

So any gains from trans tuning on a modified car are typically to cover up poor torque reporting, otherwise little to no gains are to be had.

Also note you there is no drop in tune that will automatically make your car faster it would be a work in progress and you could potentially go backwards, again depending on ECM Calibration accuracy.

Changing Shift points to work better with a larger cam to take advantage of higher RPM Power curve capability are a benefit mostly in a drag racing venue.

This subject is a very deep one that most people will not understand so take what I am telling you very seriously.

Whether you can gain ET from Transmission tuning is all dependent on ECM CALIBRATION and modification list.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote