View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 10:13 AM   #102
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Just a little info for you

If you think the new Camaro was trying to look like a Corvette in the back just because it has 2 lights on each side, may I remind you that that was not a Corvette only styling cue. The 2 lights on each side have been on Chevy's since 1958 with the Bel-Air and Biscayne. the Corvette never had 2 lights on each side until 1961. so if anything the Corvette got it from the full sized Chevys..
Many Chevys throughout the years had two lights per side. As i said the Bel-Air and Biscayne had them from 1958 through the mid 70's except for a couple years.
The Corvair, the 65 Nova the 76 Nova, The Vega, the Cobalt Coupe the last generation of Impala and even the Camaro in 68 on the RS had 2 lights on each side. So in my opinion it is not a Corvette that they took their styling from but it is Chevy Heritage..It HAS a 60 year history. So now if you read the Official Chevrolet press release on the Camaro this car is all about Heritage with a modern touch.

oh by the way I was looking at some old car show pictures I had, and gee even Dodge had some cars with two lights on each side.. were they trying to emulate the Corvette too????
you just don't get it.

The 2 rear pics look identical except the camaro looks like a bad attempt to mimic the vette lights. IMO I would buy a camaro right now if they went with the 71 lights? not sure the year but it looked like 3 square lights all in one line on each side.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote