View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 11:06 AM   #51
Steve1968LS2

Drives: 1968 LS2 powered - Bad Penny
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
Well by pure definition, Paul is in fact a consultant and on the Pedders Payroll. But we were a guest, and wanted no hassles or to show disrespect for this great event, so we volunteered for the to show off only. I would assume no one would be crazy enough to deny Paul's talent. But there were pro drivers out there, who owned and campaigned their rides which is all fine and dandy. We are OK with it. We are just proud and happy to be able to show the world what our Pedders Camaro can do. You were there, and you could see the lines the Camaro could run, and how much control she had thru all driving conditions. For that, we are happy.

It truly is not totally equal in all events. Look at, for example the 0-60-0 event. How can we compete with a 1800lb cobra running 1000 plus hp, monster tires and brakes? We cannot.

So the bottom line is the honor to be present, participate, meet lots of cool car owners and companies, and share respect for the massive amount of craftsmanship, and love of the car biz, and competitive spirit.
for all of this, we are truly thankful

mike
dms
I think the term "builder" implies building and the term "owner" implies ownership.. lol.. There's no doubt they need to firm up thier rules a bit for next year.

Hey, your Camaro could throwdown hard.. that thing flat boggied around the track and looked great. I think your pro was more pro that the other pros.. lol

It was a great day and it was a blast watching all the cars compete.

1968 Camaro - 461 RHS LS 700hp, various stuff, called Bad Penny
1968 Camaro - In progress, called Track Rat
2010 Camaro - DSE Suspension, Baer 6S Brakes, Boze Wheels, Nitto NT05 Tires, JBA Exhaust and long tubes, Magnacharger TVS, 660rwhp Forged Eagle 416 LS3 short block, ADM fuel system, Lingenfelter GT-9 cam, G-Force axles, Anvil and Seibon CF parts, Centerforce Dual-Disc Clutch

www.fquick.com/steve1968ls2
Steve1968LS2 is offline   Reply With Quote