Thread: engine listings
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 06:12 PM   #11
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorTom View Post
In my experience two engines with the same displacement, one carbed and one fuel-injected, the carbed one gets worse economy simply because it's a less precise method of injection. Fuel is wasted on the way to the combustion chamber.

And throttle response on the street is important and it's 9 times out of 10 going to be better with a fuel injected engine. And with electronic throttle, it's going to be better anyway because throttle tip-in is more progressive and measured and controlled. Just my experience owning a GTO and driving a few muscle cars.

I wouldn't want a carbed car. If I built a muscle car, I'd put an LS motor in it.
You're telling me that throttle response is better on an injected engine? I've never seen that. I don't understand how a physical throttle linkage (pedal down, throttle open) could be slower than computer controlled (pedal down, computer signal travel, throttle open). Sure, we're talking milliseconds here, but even then I don't see EFI being faster.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote