View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 09:28 PM   #14
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I took a quick look at HP Tuner's site and it sure seems like it's going to be way over my head. Isn't it just software? Wouldn't I need to supply a laptop (which I don't have)? I'm assuming you could buy a cable to go from the laptop to the car?

I would be nervous to do even the Diablo on my own. I'm afraid I would really screw something up and with no warranty at that point I would be S.O.L.

I like the idea of the Diablo because it seems pretty straight forward. I wouldn't have even considered it until Ted J. said that I could email him some logs, he could customize a tune, and then re-send it back to me. I like that idea pretty good. I just might go the Diablo path with help from Ted...but not on my own.

That is unless someone can give me a little HP Tuners 101 explaination and gain some good confidence with it. Even then.....I don't know???? Don't really want to learn on my Camaro.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote