View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 05:23 PM   #1
taz
Taz

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Camaro
Pro Charger or TVS 2300 Maggie!

Hi Everyone,
i finally have the funds to install a SC and contacted a local performance shop to have a TVS2300 SC installed in my L99 SS Camaro. After discussing different headers and exhaust that I wanted him to install (Kooks headers, Corsa catback exhaust), he highly recommended that I have the Pro Charger installed instead fo the TVS2300. His reasoning is that a Pro Charge will produce more hp at the same psi as a 2300? Also, he can do any repairs on the Pro Charger locally versus the 2300 which would have to be shipped back to the mainland for repair. Because of the downtime required for any future repairs on the 2300, I am swaying to the Pro Charger. Seems like most posts are on the 2300 which is why I was going that way since it seemed reliable and didnt read any negative comments concerning that type of SC.

My question, what do you think of the Pro Charger? Should I stick with my initial thoughts and go with the 2300? or go ahead and have him install the Pro Charger? Are they basically the same?

Living on an island restricts availability on the number of performance shops. This is the only one i found that does SC installs locally.

Thanks!
taz is offline   Reply With Quote