View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 03:50 PM   #11
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS and a 09' Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
There is no SOLID answer to this question. "Ride" is a completely subjective measurement. Personally, I do not want the same "Ride" in my Concorde as I would my SRT. Depending on what "Ride" you are looking for, your answer is going to be different.

Dampers are desinged and valved to work with a certain spring rate and travel. When you change one of those variables, you should change the dampening, or the "Ride" won't be balanced. When you say "lowering springs", are you refering to a spring with the same or greater rate as the stock springs? A shorter suspension travel with a greater spring rate, paired with the same dampening force is going to create a jostled ride, because the dampening force can't keep up with the stronger spring rate.

Adjustable coilovers allow you to tune the dampening forces to the rate and travel of the spring, giving you the ability to create a better "RIDE". Doesn't mean that ride will still be to harsh for you. Most established suspension tuners can provide you with a spring for your coilovers with a lesser rate, for a softer "RIDE", but then you might want them to adjust the range of the dampening, but from the sounds of it, I'm guessing you'll never adjust them anyways.

It seems like we've come to the Form vs. Function delimma... "I want my Camaro to look cool, but I want it to feel like a Cadillac."

If you still want to lower your car, but you're concerned about a comfy right, have you thought about stepping down to a 19" wheel, and increasing the tire sideway? You could still lower your car, but use some of the tire to help soften out your ride. But I guess that wouldn't look as cool...

Simple answer: Coilover > Drop Springs

Yea there you go buddy...you sound OVER-EDUCATED for your own good.

You know nothing about me and my ride preferences. This isn't my first rodeo as far as a lowered ride... Hell even my Harley is slammed.

I know what springs handle like in different cars but not a Camaro as all cars ride differently. And no nothing about coilovers and ride "on a Camaro". Thats why i ask.

Where did you get 19" from me telling you about 22's lol....get real.

Now back to my question im sticking 22's on with 30 series up front and most likely 25 series in the rear. I want my car to sit about a 1" or so above the tires. Which suspension would give me a better ride without the feeling of mini-truck hop/bounce.

I was actually thinking about the PFADT lowering spring w/sways F&R or Pedders coilovers. Also if you lower and raise your car with coilovers do you have to get car aligned every time? Thanx.

Last edited by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe; 12-28-2009 at 04:09 PM.