View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 09:22 AM   #340
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmccally View Post
Sure, I'll make a site tomorrow comparing the GT-R with the Camaro. I mean, they are in the same class- correct?

If the camaro LT or LS was any competition to the Mustang GT the 0-60 numbers wouldnt be so far fetched.

I'm talking about SALES COMPETITORS, not 0-60 competitors. That is the whole point of the advertisement and the whole subject of the comparison. The V6 Camaro advertisement is intended to ask the potential Mustang GT buyer to come in and check out the V6 Camaro and decide for themselves which car they want to buy.

There's nothing misleading about the ad as you insist, and if it matters so much to you that they compare the V8 Models then a quick check of the EPA website shows that if you change "V6" to "SS" in the advertisement then it would STILL be true because the A6 Camaro SS gets better mileage and the M6 Camaro SS is "Unsurpassed" by the 2010 Mustang GT.

Quote:
It is like Ford comparing the 2011 Mustang to the 2011 Camaro SS because the 2011 Mustang is faster than the 2011 Camaro LS and LT. Not only in HP, gas mileage, but also in weight.
They can compare them if that is the market they wish to compete against.

If they list features which they think will attract buyers in their advertisement then that's GREAT. That's exactly what you're SUPPOSED to do when you advertise. For example, Subway markets against burger restaurants all the time because they think their product is worth consideration by the same customer because it is healthier. Subway DOES NOT make burgers or Fries or pretty much anything close to the same products... yet they make LEGITIMATE POINTS in their advertisements to try and take burger joint sales away. Nothing wrong with that, it's a free country. A vastly different product CAN legitimately be compared to another if they are competing for the same dollars. This is really basic economics/advertising.

Quote:
Simply put it is an unfair comparison. You've taken this way to far - keep the the topic of the 5.0 Mustang. Not the advertising materials.
I WAS talking about the 5.0 mustang until you cam along make false accusations and then refusing to let me educate you why they are wrong. I made several attempts to get back on topic but you just kept repeating the same falsehoods over and over in response.