View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 01:25 AM   #4
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Thanks. It was kinda fun skimming through all the old photos. I've got tons more, but as time goes on, I realize more and more specific pictures I'm looking for have gone missing. I really have to get all of the good old ones I have now put in the puter for safe keeping. I've got quite a few in the fire proof safe...special ones. But, I'd rather have all my pix right here.

In response to them all being Chevy's, YOU BET! I don't really know how it happened. My first Chevy was purchased from my dad's uncle up in Cornelius, OR (just outsite of Portland). It was a 77 purchased in 93 and it had something like 60K miles on it. By the time I was done w/ it, I had well over 100K and blew the engine mudding....I miss that car. It was a boat, but was seriously cool. And from there, when buying a vehicle, only GM made vehicles have appealed to me...especially Chevy's.

I always liked the 1500 series pickups. So, I got me one. When time to get a new truck, it was either the S10 or the Ford Ranger...price didn't really matter and was close..S10 was a couple grand higher if I remember correctly. But, the styling of the S10 was far superior IMO.

It was at the time that I had the S10 that my brother and I moved in w/ a roommate. He had a couple fox bodies (93 Cobra and 93 GT). I suddenly had a great deal of respect for the fox body Mustang....holy sh!t was it fast...and it handled extrememly well. He got rid of them buying a 97 Camaro. I was hooked from there on Camaros and got my V6 because I couldn't afford the Z28. But, the rest is history. Got the cash, special order, got totalled, and now in the SS. I feel fortunate to have only owned Chevy's. I love'em.

DRAGON, it's a tough choice on color. It kind of goes like this. I LOVE looking at a clean black Camaro. IMO, it is much more beautiful than pewter. BUT, the pewter is so much easier to keep clean. Don't get me wrong. I think the pewter is a cool color too. But, there's something about clean, shiny black paint. Lemme put it this way.

Everyday I look at my SS, I think "WOW. That is bad@ss." ...even when it's dirty. When I looked at my pewter Camaro, I thought it was pretty cool looking and "man is that clean!"...even when it was dusty. It's a trade off really. If you have the time to keep it clean, go for black. I'd take black anyday as long as it was clean everyday.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote