View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 12:32 PM   #14
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak View Post
January??? What happened to December? That was the date I'd heard. And how can you take orders on a car an not know what it costs? Or am I just freaking tired an missed something here?
There is no solid date for the release of pricing. Like most other topics on this and other sites, there is a great deal of speculation that gets carried away, then people start acting like it is official info from GM.

The closest anyone knows at this time is pricing will be available December or January. My guess would actually be earlier in December. Preorders start October 13th followed by a period of time that allows GM to learn quantities of parts and paint needed before they start production. Preorders go to the factory late December or in January. I would expect pricing before these preorders go to production. For the orders not cancelled, assembly begins in February with shipments to dealers in late February.

I would expect pricing would be available some time after preorders but prior to orders being sent to the assembly line, allowing for any cancelled orders to be culled out.