Thread: Ordering Tips
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 11:05 AM   #24
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: 2009 Dodge Challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldFire View Post
What does matter if they listen? I was planning on having someone come with me since I am 20 and I don't want them to think I am some stupid kid and try to push me around and cheat me, is that not a good idea?
Just mind what you say while in the office alone. It has been rumored that there are listening devices in the sales offices that go to the sales manager's office. However, the bigger thing to watch for is the salesman hitting the "intercom" button on the phone or leaving a phone on speaker when they leave the office.

I don't think it's a bad idea to take someone with you. Just as long as they're gonna give you good advice and not get wrapped up on the new car bug.

The bottom line for you is that there wont' be much negotiating so all this is really irrelevant. You've already committed to buying the car for MSRP. Just make sure your deposit of $1K goes toward the purchase and watch out for any clear coat, under coat, warranty mumbo jumbo and you'll be fine. I doubt you'll even get that far on Oct 13. That will come in January when you go to pay for the car.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote