View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 11:06 PM   #3
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I then tried for the powersouce. I pulled off the red cap on the positive junction but the (11mm) bolt there looked way too big. I tried unbolting it but the bracket that holds it in place seemed like it was going to bend or twist so I stopped for the night. Asked the forum about a little info on the power source and was also able to get to another Tech at AAC. This time the guy seemed confident about what I was to do and was also a little more knowledgeable with working on the actual Camaro. Come to find out these kits are not necessarily specific just for the Camaro although it seems to be pretty much designed for it with the exception of the positive wire ring being way to small.

I went back and used the 11mm to remove the bolt on top of the positive junction. I held it from underneath for support. Sure enough it had a smaller post underneath it. The round wiring ring was not going to fit so I used some dykes and cut it into a “U” shaped ring. Put the positive bolt back and then went to try the lights to make sure it was working. Bam….everything came on perfectly just like it was supposed to. High beams work perfect as well.
Attached Images

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote