View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 09:20 AM   #13
dave7378

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS IBM L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarorad View Post
jezzaaa,

I actually don't disagree with your observations. I think its more about expectations, though. This is a muscle car! It lays down rubber like its going out of style and its comfortable. And its got killer looks. I didn't expect my SS to handle like a Vette any more than I expect the Vette to feel as comfortable as a Mercedes S class. If I want razor sharp responsive handling, I'll get into one of my other cars. Part of it is the weight, although as you mentioned even 5 series BMWs that weigh more have a lot of feedback. FWIW, I think the Camaro handles very well for its size.

It always puts a smile on my face when I get behind the wheel. 6.2L does that for me.

+1. I am enjoying the heck out of this car right now. I get up in the middle of the night to got to the bathroom and want to take it for a quick spin. I love how it handles but I am used to driving my Tahoe so of course the handling is gonna be night and day. Bottom line, if you aren't totally thrilled, find a car that gets your blood pumping. Life is too short.
dave7378 is offline   Reply With Quote