View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 09:15 PM   #30
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06stalliongt View Post
the horse power may be the same...but ur gonna tell me that off the line at lets say englishtown, nj the v6 camaro will beat the mustang gt not in a million passes my friends...second ive done my research the 1ss barely has any options so yeah its a good deal if u wnt a strip down v8...the challenger r/t has plenty of options that wont make u feel left out if u didnt get an srt/8...but like ive said everyone has there own opinion...years ago if u ordered a v6 camaro u were prob a blonde chic frm long island...haha
Why should the V6 beat the GT? Is it supposed to.

I've been biting my tongue since the pricing was announced. Was I dissappointed in the pricing? Sure, maybe a little bit. Was I shocked? No.

In the Sept 08 issue of Road and Track it says "Despite the added cost of the IRS, Chevy is looking to keep the base prices in the $20,000-$30,000 bracket, while the SS model could be in the mid- to upper- $30,000 range." So they nailed it dead on!!

Motor Trend had the best take on all of your opinions. In the Sept 08 issue it says:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We stopped bringing Mustangs on our development rides because they were so far behind us in our rearview mirror," says Al Oppenheiser, GM's North American rear wheel drive vehicle cheif engineer and effectively the new Camaro's father. "It wasn't even worth taking them anymore," he continues, with the faintest of smirks.
You needn't be a Blue Oval booster or a soldier in the General's army to know that them's fightin' words. Whats more, Oppenheiser says his team brought along (and kept) the Dodge Charger, Nissan 350Z, and stretch targets like the Infinity G37.
"We've actually challenged ourselves to go upscale in sticker price and performance, to go after anything that could be called this segment--Mustang, Charger, Challenger. We're shooting for targets a lot higher in terms of sticker price," he says.
Key to the success of Camaro is the balance between performance and fuel-economy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
So my dad who bought his 1969 Camaro 6cyl coupe is a "blonde chic frm long island..."? Well there's your problem... where you are from, blondes apparently are bald with more body hair than a gorilla.

IMO your first post is poorly thought out (and typed). You complain about Chevy putting a $30k (think lower) V6 on the market, and then post again about it being beat every time by a GT? I'd be a little more embarassed being associated with an 09 Mustang V6 Premium Coupe (MSRP $22,085, 210 HP).

In the end they are pricey... but you get what you pay for.

Sorry for the long post but I thought I would share that with those who haven't had a chance to see these stories.
Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote