View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 01:34 AM   #1
bkkendrick

Drives: 2010 camaro 1lt RS Red
everyone with paint chips must read this!

ok so i have a 1lt rs in victory red and i live in pennsylvania. my car is garrage kept and i have never driven the car in the snow but i have driven on roads a day or two after they are plowed and cleared but in this state they cinder the road. so we finally started getting nice days here in Pa and i decided to spend a day and detail the car. i power washed the car after i got of work around 10 in the dark and the next morning i went out to wax her up. lets just say my heart skiped a couple beats when i got to the side gills. this is no lie i have ATLEAST 150 very deep and noticable stone chips on the passanger side and even more on the drivers side. So i dropped everything hopped into the car and raced to my local chevy dealer. when i showed the shop manager the EXCESSIVE damage done to the paint he took my info and his paint shop manager take pics. he then told me that he had to do a little reasearch to see if this becoming an issue and to see if they could cover it under warrenty. when the service manager went back inside i asked the paint manager if he felt that gm would take care of it under warranty he said i think they will because of the excessive damage and ive only had the car 6 months and have 10k miles. so........ they are soposed to call me with the answer tomorrow. so as i was leaving the dealership i decided id go home and finish what i started and get wax job done. WELL i got to the rims which are the 20in midnight silver metallic and they are every bit as chipped up as the gills are so im very upset and im not talking just 1 rim im saying all 4...iave not 1 single scratch or a scuff on any of my rims but they are so jacked up. what would you do? if they agree to fix the paint on the gill section of the car under warranty would you ask them about fixing the rims aswell? i am going to get the 3m clear bra for the sides of the car i got a price quote of 570 bux installed. would you question them about maybe helping out on the price of the clear bra aswell? i feel that this is a flaw in the design and the invisabra should come factory to prevent the excessive damage. i will post pics tomorrow but ill warn you now they are horiffic.
Attached Images

bkkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote