View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 10:41 PM   #15
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
All-seasons are never good enough for winter. Get some new tires, and stop being a bitch, as the poll option says.

Seriously, you can have a little bit of both worlds with all-season tires, but they just don't handle either extreme. You'll do fine on a day with a temperature of 40-80 degrees, but better tires are a necessity by the time your local grass gets frosty or on the hottest days of the year.
The Tires I suggested I ran on my 99 TA for 2 winters and were great in the snow and handled the road as well as the Bridgestone Pole Positions that were on the car when i got it. I drove that car 15 miles to work in a blizzard, when I had people with light SUVs calling in, needless to say I was a bit miffed...

I have been driving cars like this in the snow for 10+ years so its really a non issue, however those cars all had all season tires on them.

Incidentally though my Vette had Kumho Ecsta MX's on it and I basically parked that car when the temperature hit 40 degrees, they were marbles at any temp lower than that! I live in an apartment and I'm tired of doing the 2 car thing, I have 1 garage, so I am constantly fighting for a place to leave my beater (which is in the garage now cause I sold the vette). Especially for, as I said, the 2-3 days a year that it snows here.
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Daily Driver
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1993 Volkswagen Fox - Race Car (yes seriously)

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote