View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 01:27 PM   #22
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
The install is pretty involved. You really need to knwo what youre doing. It's probably gonna run you about two grand to get it installed at a shop from what I've heard. So add that to the probably six grand you're gonna drop on the kit. Plus from what I've heard you need to upgrade various parts of the engine that won't come in the kit. So I'm guessing you're looking at at leastt $8000-$9000. LOT of money to drop. Good thing I have four years to save up and let the richer folks blow their engines experimenting before me
Installation actually isnt all that bad, I've installed a few turbo kits on my old car. The only thing that sucked was that there wasnt a whole lot of room to work with, but if you find a kit that is direct bolt on and all the piping is made to fit your application, it wont be all that hard. I advise taking it to a shop if you havent done it before though. On averarge, it took me about 4-5 hours to install. The tuning is a different battle, since i used a AFC tune, instead of a OBD tune. The shops i've dealt with usually charged anywhere 1,000 to 2,000 for install depending on the kit you get, single or twin, and the accessibility of your engine. Right now, with the turbo kits just coming to the market, you can expect to pay anywhere from 4,000 to 6,000 for a decent kit. Give it a few years and save some money and you could most likely find the same kit for 1,500 not on ebay.