View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 12:30 PM   #25
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNV View Post
Yeah that sucks. I almost went with the same bulbs. When I added to the cart and seen the cost with shipping it pushed me to going with hids. GM really could have done something better with them bulbs. That tab thing just isn't very good :(.
So you put the ones from Spencers on? I'm assuming it had the ballasts? How hard where they to put in? How to do they work...you unplug the factory bulb and plug in line to a ballast and then from the ballast to the new Fog Light? I'm assuming you would've removed the fog light housing to install them.

Another concern I have is that i heard the HID Fog lights could melt the Fog light housing. Doesn't necessarily sound correct because it's supposed to run much cooler but that's what I heard.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote