View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 01:13 PM   #8
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
My post wasn't intended to be a "brand bashing" thing....I was more "brand bragging" if you will about GM taking back the #1 spot. I'm a GM fan, plain and simple.

I don't really bash other brands, because when it comes down to it, almost every brand makes a decent to good product.

It just always got me when people would say, I buy a Toyota because I can put 250,000 miles on it before it dies. You can do that with a Bimmer, a Volkswagen, a Ford, a Chevy, any brand, if you maintain it properly.

That was more of a problem with Toyota-ists rather than the company, but still....

I will say that I was suprised that quality issues are becoming a problem for Toyota. I don't like them myself, but they always seem to be in the top 2 or 3 for quality awards.

I still say buy American. And while Toyotas and Hondas are made here in the USA, that doesn't mean they are American. Toyota, Honda, and Nissan are all foreign companies. BMW builds numerous vehicles here in the US, but no one ever claims they are a "US Company". GM builds cars (does anyone remember the F-bodies...lol) in Canada, but they aren't Canadian. Ford and GM both build cars in Mexico, but are they Mexican companies? Way too many examples to list all of them. It's pretty easy to decide. Where is corporate HQ? Not North American HQ or Europe HQ....Corporate.
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote