View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 12:59 AM   #11
racer778
Camaro Sold

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS/RS
First does the AFM on the L99 have to be turned off? what happeneds when boost for 8 cylinders gets pushed into 4 cylinders when the AFM is on? or are those valves open and just no fuel is being pumped in? If that's the case wouldn't a supercharger dry the cylinder walls? NO but the canned tune does i believe because I can't hear the switch anymore
If the AFM needs to be turned off, do the AFM lifters need to be swaped out? I have no idea

I like the superchargers that go on the top of the motor mostly for the look. From what I understand the ones that bolt on like alternators claim to get more power because they can run intercoolers or beecause the run cooler. Give me the pros and cons of both types of systems I like the Maggie cuz it comes on down low and performs its best in the low/mid range. ditto

Which is the easiest to maintian? and lasts the longest? So I don't have to mess with it?
Set it and forget it ! The Maggie has self contained lubricant and every other supercharger has to have something added and maintained to the best of my knowledge

What is a SAFE bolt on option that won't blow up anything on my car? I chose the maggie lots of iprevious installs and VERY EASY to install yourself. costs a 1000 less then competitors and is PROVEN.

What is a SAFE level of boost for the motor, tranny, and rear end? not the expert here i just used what MAGNUSON sent me and I love it

Which kits require no modifications or the least modifications? Magnuson, EVERYTHING came with the kit even the tune.

Will the stock fuel system need to be modified for my goals? no issues

Which will i be able to get part for the easiest? and for years? Maggie's have been around the longest and have the greatest numbers out there right now DITTO

Can the tranny and the rear end handle it? With the canned tune, no worries DITTO

Can I keep the traction control system ?? YES

Which kits are you all using ? Magnuson TVS2300

What are your HP ratings? 415 HP 402 tq supplied tune

What do you run at the track? havent been there yet

Is the thing noisy ? I'd like a quiet one. You wouldnt believe how quiet this thing is, you can barely hear it even at WOT

Who have you purchased from? or would you purchase from? HENDRIX ENG

How much did your supercharger cost you start to finish?? 6200

What should I do you reinforce the car first??? See my other thread-
Chassis stiffeners and strut braces.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77858 no idea

Any regrets ???? None at all

I can give you more feedback after the install next month (May 24th!! )
a couple of suggestions. Either buy the Heater hose re-route kit from ADM or reroute the hoses yourself. it will be a much cleaner install. Eventually I think you might want MORE power so buy the smaller pulley and CAI, get a tune from JANNETTY racing IMO.
This is just my opinion i have seen the writeups of the Kenne Bell and the magnuson. From what I have seen the kenne bell produces more horsepower and better numbers STOCK straight out of the box compared to the maggie. the Kenne bell costs 1000 dollars more then the maggie. If I spent 1000 more on my car I could purchase a CAI, smaller pulley, better tune and equal or not better kenne bells numbers. The kenne bell is a more difficult install( i wanted to install the supercharger ourselves). The kenne bell is a new product (phenomenal) numbers but the maggie is long lasting and is PROVEN.
If your'e going to race your car alot buy a kenne bell. If you want the occasional (whup the car next to you) and go to the track on occasion with everyday driveability(and reliability) purchase the maggie. This is my opinion only. I have driven my car for 4.5 hour trips and have put a few thousand miles on the car with no worries whatsoever. This is an everyday driver and used for charities
racer778 is offline   Reply With Quote