View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 09:51 PM   #3
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
Just a little note after C5Fest.

I arrived on Friday, participated in the caravan and then headed for the track.

Best time on Friday was 14.0. Best MPG's down was 25.5. I was bummed about the ET. I did have to fill-up with that god-awful 10% ethanol somewhere in SC (I was almost empty and didn't have time to look for the good stuff)

After leaving the track Friday night I went to the Chevron(?) station by the exit for the track on I-75.

First run on Saturday produced a time of 13.9. Still not happy, I went to the vendor area. I came across Craig at CincySpeed and promptly purchased the CAI (great people to work with).

I took the car for a 10 mile run and then came back and hammered it at the autocross. After letting it rest for an hour, back to the track.

I was lucky and was able to hot lap the car. My best run was 13.68 @ 105.44, a pick up of .21 from stock. Combination of good gas, and learning how to launch the car may have help. I did have over 3/4 of a tank compared to 1/8th on Friday. I still think that it will go quicker given lower air temps. Hopefully, I'll be able to go to my local track and test that theory.

I did see 26.4 MPG's on the way home, so overall, I will say that I'm satisfied with their product. And oh the car does sound better.

Andy
Cool, Craig just hooked me up with a Roto but I havent had a chance to drive it yet... rain. I saw them installing your rotofab actually... I think you were the guy going to get some lunch right? They told you to drop it by, get some lunch then head to the track! LOL!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote