View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 11:15 AM   #15
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
I think Pfadt and Eibach are some of the most popular ones. Eibach simply because of the price.

All of the Mfgs are going to have reasons why theirs are better than the next guy. It's a very tuff decision and you won't go wrong with any of those choices.

I was torn between Pfadt vs Pedders vs Hotchkis myself. All of these are going to be quality springs. I ultimately went with Hotchkis for few reasons.....I've used Hotchkis in the past on my First Gens with great success.....I got them shipped to my door for $285.....and I didn't have to cut the bump stops.

Since all the brands were virtually the same, price played a pretty big factor for me. I was able to get both the springs and an aligment for about the same price as just the Pedders springs and just a little more than what just the Pfadt springs cost.

I put them on a few days ago and so far just as everyone has said the ride is only ever so slightly stiffer than before but not by much and the look is worth every bit of that. I was going to wait to have it a week or two before posting up my final thoughts.

Another Mfg to consider is BMR. They usually make good products and thier springs are like $240 from what a remember. Only bad thing with BMR is that they are a few weeks out from shipping.

Here is a pic of mine with the Hotchkis.
I think caverman makes an excellent point. He posted what his requirements were, the brands he was looking at, and ultimately what he decided on. This is what it is about. Thanks for posting this, this is great info.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote