All Dale Earnhardt Jr. Concept Photos will be posted in this thread.
Camaro Dale Earnhardt Jr. Concept
NASCAR star Dale Jr. is fan of vintage Camaros - he cruises around in a Pro Touring-style '72 Camaro powered by a GM Performance Parts LS crate engine - and the heritage-inspired design of the 2010 Camaro appeals to him like a checkered flag at Daytona. His vision for the car was channeled to GM's designers and crafted in a multi-color combination of style, capability and comfort.
They started with a new Camaro SS that uses the standard 6.2L V-8, but modified to use E85. Taking advantage of E85's favorable octane rating, the engine was calibrated to deliver a few extra horsepower, with the exhaust exiting through GM Performance Parts' new headers. It's backed by the SS's available six-speed manual transmission and GM Accessories' short-throw Hurst shifter. Additional performance enhancements include a Brembo brake package and a lowered ride height, giving Dale Jr.'s Camaro a sleeker look to match its road-hugging capability.
custom gray-over-white paint scheme blends the high-performance drivetrain with serious style. It is accented with an orange stripe separating the gray and white sections. Also generating attention on the exterior is a set of 21-inch, five-spoke wheels inspired by the Camaro Convertible Concept. They feature dark-painted center sections on the spokes that complement the body's gray color. The wheels are wrapped in Pirelli P-Zero ZR-rated performance tires.
Additional exterior details include:
* Chevy Accessories grille
* Chevy Accessories ground effects and rear diffuser
* Chevy Accessories exhaust system
* Early Camaro-style "dovetail" rear spoiler
* Production high-intensity discharge headlamps
* Production RS taillamps
Similarly, the interior is outfitted for performance and style, including:
* Custom-trimmed leather-and-suede-covered seats with accent stitching
* Leather-trimmed steering wheel, shift knob, door armrests and center console lid, with accent stitching
* Carbon-fiber treatment on the instrument panel and door panel inserts
* Racing-style aluminum pedals
* Production-optional four-pack auxiliary gauge cluster
* Revised gauge cluster with unique graphics and colors
* Custom sill plates
Dale Jr. also specified Chevy Accessories' upgraded audio system for the Camaro, which is matched with a Boston Acoustics speaker system, including amps and subwoofers.
*** VIDEO: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Camaro Concept from SEMA