View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 12:17 AM   #1
bkkendrick

Drives: 2010 camaro 1lt RS Red
Has anyone had their factory rims chrome powdercoated ?

hey all quick quick question i have had my car for 8 months now and after 10000 miles ive had to have my cars gills repainted due to chipping (covered my my dealer as a one time fix) and my rims are chipping horriably as well. today i was on my way to work and i stoped by a powder coating shop. they said for 249 bux (if i take them my rims) they would sand blast my rims and repaint them any color i want which i think is a pretty sweet deal vs buying new 20 inch rims. they said they would take my car take the tires off the rims take the sencors out and paint em and put it back together and ballance them for a total of 369(thats the total cost with paint and everything) bux which i am going to do. when i was looking threw their catalog i saw tiger drylac metallic xtreme chrome and i was wondering if anyone has done anything with it and if so please show pics. Actually any pics of rims that are powdercoated chrome would be very helpful in helping me decide if it would look good. and another question if i where to get my rims done by a shop would they hold up better than the factory job? i mean i feel that the factor paint is crap i dont speed excessivly and i baby my car to death and the paint on the rims just isnt holding up. my rims are the 20 in RS wheels in syber grey metallic.
bkkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote