View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 07:53 PM   #1
SonnyakaPig

Drives: C63 P31
L99 Kenne Bell 2.8L Installed + Pics

Hi everyone,

I'm proud to say that I just picked up my L99 from Spankin Time Motorsports. They installed a beautiful, black 2.8L Kenne Bell system with a custom tune by Adam, Spankin Time's proprietor.

The car is running real good. Many people know of Adam's abilities and he is a perfectionist when it comes to tuning. He spent a lot of time working on my car's tune and I really appreciated that. I also want to thank John who installed the Kenne Bell. He did very clean work.

My car's been through some big changes since I purchased a few months ago. First I installed a Corsa catback, then the Halltech Yellow Jacket. Later I had Vortech install one of their V-3 Si trim superchargers and subsequently I asked them to remove it.

Finally, I went with the Kenne Bell, and I'm really happy that I did. I only have a couple of hours of driving time with the K/B, but so far I'm loving it. And what stands out the most is the top notch tune that Adam created after putting in hours on the dyno.

Ultimately, my car made between 465-470 rwhp and 416-439 ft/lbs rwtq over numerous runs and on 91 octane gas. A/F stayed around 10.9-11.2 and boost was around 7 psi, with it just barely hitting 8 psi at the very end of the dyno runs.

Right now, I'm very happy with this power level. And hopefully in due time I will add some headers and maybe even a built bottom end, so I can safely turn up the boost and increase that beautiful Kenne Bell whaling sound!

Below are some pictures of the kit installed.

I will be receiving my dyno sheet(s) by email soon, and when I do, I will post them in this thread.

SonnyakaPig is offline   Reply With Quote