View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 05:41 PM   #1
Chief Mario

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th on order..
Got rid of the center spker... WOOWWW!!!

I have the BA and didn't really like the sound of it. It did not compare to my Alpine with Imprint technology that I have in my SUV.

Like most, I started by adding a couple of 10" subs (kicker) that I purchased from Subthumb, great product by the way. That took care of the low end frequencies and improved the system by a ten full but I was still not happy with the overall sound.

I started to feel that my center speaker was responsible for the poor quality, in my opinion the reason is that the center takes away the stereo effect and contributes to an overall excess of high frequencies even after adjusting the treble to -9db.

Well tonight I said, enough is enough, out comes the tools and diagram. 20 minutes later the yellow wire is cut, hence no more center speaker. Wowww, I tell you, with all honesty, this was absolutely the right thing to do.

The system is 20 times better, the stereo effect is superb, the cabin is perfectly balance between the highs an the lows and i don't have to play with the tone settings anymore unless i change CD or source. i am finally happy with the BA system.

Cheers!