View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 07:38 PM   #3
HeavyD

Drives: 1SSRS RY L99
Generally with LT you have to retune the engine to accept the different cats, or elimination of one set of O2 sensors. Once your engine is running with a non-GM program the entire powertrain warranty is gone. Just a catback system will void only the parts you replace. Electrical mods can cause certain issues to not be paid by GM if the mod has caused the failure, that would be on a case by case basis. There are too many variables. Some dealers are really good with mods, others don't even want to bother. Failures are few and far between as it is, and a failure with a modded car is even rarer. Not enough stories to say what is the clear cut answer. If you want your powertrain warranty I would only do a catback system. CAI would be ok, but you only gain a few HP with them, not worth it. I did my car up with CAI, shorties and Catback. My gains were not impressive enough to say it was totally worth it. Now if I have to take it in for anything I really should put the factory stuff back on just prevent any arguments. Too much of a hassle for only a few hp.
HeavyD is offline   Reply With Quote