View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 09:44 AM   #7
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
I personally would get a handhel tuner like Diablo or SCT. If you purchase it from a C5 vendor they will include a custom tune for the mods you have at no cost. So you'll save alittle bit of money this route and then you'll also be able to flash the ECM back to stock if you go in for warranty work. The only thing that may come up with the stock tune with LT headers is the CEL warning, but not everyone has this problem. If you get a custom dyno tune you need to pay the tuner everytime you want a change and from what I understand you can't hide the tune by flashing back to stock. I personally would save a dyno tune for majors mods, like a cam install. Do you have an LS3 or L99?
Not necessarily. My local performance shop charges $400 for custom dyno tuning which includes all future tuning as upgrades/needs require. A good alternative for those of us who wish to leave the tuning to the professionals.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote