View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 01:47 PM   #58
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
All those cars became known as muscle cars once the big blocks were in them but when they first started out they were just mid-sized sedans mostly.
Yes, it was the big blocks that made them legends. The muscle car era wasn't 1961-1966 ... it was 1967-1971. Big on engines, big on styling. And of course all the big name muscle cars started out as basic mid-sized sedans.Thats part of what makes them muscle cars. The rest is affordability, great straight line performance, and poor handling (as I like to say, they handled well enough to turn around and make another pass at the drag strip).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
That whole scene changed very rapidly in just a few years once basically the Mustang and then the Camaro started selling like hotcakes.
Something to consider: did the scene change because of the Camaro and Mustang's success, or was their success a result of the change?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote