View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 09:10 PM   #18
camarolt76
2SS/RS Black/CGM Stripes

Drives: 88 Iroc, 76 Camaro, 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I'll get it.

I have the extended warranty for my current 02 SS which is actually transferable to the person that buys it from me when I sell it next year. Only costs $100 to transfer it. But, I've used it to replace the transmission and two window motors. Cost? $1,200 for the warranty. Cost for the tranny and window motors? about $4,000. Was it worth it? Do the math!

Yeah....I'll buy one.
The first thing I would like to point out is that GM did not offer the 5/100,000 mile power train warranty on 2002 cars. If they had then I would assume your transmission would have been covered by the factory warranty.

The second point I wanted to make is that I have the extended warranty on my wife's 2005 Monte Carlo. Recently we discovered that the car had a water leak in the passanger's side floor board. It also had a dash which was curling up in the front. Neither issue was covered by the extended warranty. I can possibly look the other way on the dash (however I still think that is completely unacceptable for a car 3-1/2 years old). However I could not believe that a water leak was not covered by the extended warranty! I will not be wasting my money this time.
camarolt76 is offline   Reply With Quote