View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 12:02 AM   #23
ZYAL8R

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamlynn1 View Post
one mans opinion is another mans nightmare ya know. The warranty profits are in the hundreds of dollars not thousands so they are really just a small portion of a dealers profits. We make more on fianance reserve than anything else sold in the back end (finance department) FYI. I just love it when someone comments sans the facts it always amusing to say th least.

The main point of this thread is if you plan to keep your vehicle past the comprehensive warranty 3/36 its probably a good idea to have an extended warranty purchased at a fair price. There will always be folks who debate this issue but to anyone who has ever used it its a no brainer. If you could extend your comprehensive coverage on a 2010 Camaro for about $1300 and make it run to 5/100 like the powertrain I say thats a good deal for any consumer. $1300 over a 72 month loan is about 20 per month to have peace of mind. Again a no brainer for me but others will argue that there peace of mind isnt worth $20 or that there issue wasnt covered etc. To each its own I say.
After reading this thread so far, I've come up with a different way of thinking for some who may be pondering buying the extended warranty. If it worries you, take the $20-30 a month and put into a savings account that earns YOU interest. If you ever experience a couple of bad window motors or leaking heater core after your original warranty expires, then BOOYAH, there you have the money to help pay for it. Your money is saved by "you", interest is earned for "you" and used by "you" for repairs or a later down payment on a new car (Camaro hopefully)!

Hard facts for unforseen repairs would be impossible to come by, but it would be very interesting to know how many people that bought an extended warranty actually needed it after all was said and done. Maybe we need a poll:seesaw:
ZYAL8R is offline   Reply With Quote