Here are some great restaurant ideas (depending on how much $$ you want to spend):
* Benjamin Steakhouse
- Best steak experience I have ever had. Expensive, but worth it. Try the bacon. Trust me.
* Uncle Jack's
- Also a good steakhouse.
* Dock's Oyster Bar
- This is one of my wife's favorite spots in the city. Great raw seafood!
* Rue 57
- Great sushi restaurant.
- Great Asian inspired food and a very hot bar scene.
* McSorley's Old Ale House
- One of the oldest (perhaps the oldest) bars in NY. Just cool to go in and look at the pictures on the walls.
* Intrepid Sea Air & Space Museum
* Marriott Marquis Hotel
- There is a pretty cool bar on the 7th floor (I think) where you can sit and overlook Times Square. There is also a decent restaurant with a nice view there as well.
* Carnegie Deli
- Famous for its sandwiches.
* Amish Market
- If you are looking for a place to grab a great sandwich, try this place out.
* Tons of great places to eat in Little Italy. However there is only one place to go for dessert if you go there to eat dinner. Ferrara Bakery and Cafe
. It is a good place for an after dinner drink also. Rumor has it that many of the Italian restaurants get their desserts from Ferrara.
Other than the above, you can walk into almost any restaurant or bar and find a great spot. Enjoy yourself and have a great time. BTW, if you tell me the types of places you like (fancy, dives, dance clubs, etc) I can give you some more ideas.