View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 05:16 PM   #299
Z Madness

Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 View Post
thats fine for lower boost levels, like 5-8 lbs of boost, but with more boost, you need for fuel.. the more boost you try to run without upgrading will cause you to start running way to lean and thats not a good thing.

I've talked to several manufacturers already, most recently i talked to the guys at Vortec at one of our local meets. they all agreed that the main set back in developing any FI kits for us, is the fact that its direct injected and theres no current aftermarket support for our fuel system.

Im sure that if we can get some companies to start developing some decent fuel system components, we can get these kits boosting at some real nice levels and put down some serious power. I for one would like to see the V6 raise the front end off the ground.
I don't think its just the fuel management. I plan to boost at 8 psi with the meth kit and expect to be slightly over 400 rwhp. I would think boosting beyond that, or adding horsepower beyond that, would require internal work and upgraded drive train. I just don't buy the Vortec argument of we won't build it until we can get fuel management to support the higher boost levels.

What level of rwhp will you be happy with? I was amazed at the other thread where there is heavy debate about getting a V-6 to 300 rwhp.

Now as far as getting the front off the ground, maybe if I can sit my fat _ss in the trunk I might be able to get it done.....
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote