View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 08:53 PM   #80
molloni
Capt. Organization!

Drives: Black 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
First off, congrats to the winners! You guys know how to drive, and hats off to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post
Nick and Larry, next time we do this I'll help you get through the course to get completed runs. It was not an easy course for a novice. You needed to have an instructor ride with you to identify where you went off course.
But 600, I did have an instructor with me each time for all three of my runs. The first one, at 101 seconds, I could not have missed a gate I took it so slow. The second one, I know the gate I missed, and the instructor pointed it out (it was the first gate after the first slalom - I saw a bunch of folks miss that one while working the course). The third one, you can even hear the announcer in Eric's video "71.392, clean and on course..." I take that to mean that I didn't miss a gate? And my instructor said I hit all the gates. Is it because I had to leave and I didn't do all the runs? They have a result posted for a fourth run, but I didn't even do a forth run.

I know I drove it slow, but if "+ DSQ" mean I disqualified, I don't understand why. I look at it as a learning experience, and I want to know what I did wrong so I don't do it again, but I don't think it was because I missed a gate...?

EDIT - wow...aside from the Jr. Karts, I had the worst times...man, I drive like a wimp! Remind me to thank my mom for all of those driving lessons she gave me as a kid.