View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 11:58 PM   #47
usmc8411
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Different companies...different methods. To my knowledge, Ford does not have a displacement on demand feature available in its powertrains. Similarly, The LS-series engine is old. Certain efficiency innovations the Mustang's engine employs are not currently available in GM engines.

The L99/A6 combo was the brainchild of mpg goals. DoD was not compatible with manual transmissions, so it could only be paired with the automatic transmission. And the 'down tuning' is a side-effect of the fuel-saving feature. The lower-profile cam, mainly.

When you stop to think about it...25mpg hwy is better than some large cars...The V6 CTS only gets 26. Ford was able to get similar numbers in their own way.

Hope that answered the question.
My l99 gets about 22 highway real world. My cts gets upwards of 30. You might have the awd cts miles or the non direct injection.

For the manual guys that think the ls3 is superior Id like to see you guys put your money where your mouths are instead of puffing your chest out because you bought a manual...lol.
usmc8411 is offline   Reply With Quote