View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 10:30 AM   #44
Twin Turbo

Drives: '05 Ford Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
While I still am not optimistic for an early arrival, I don't see how this is at all unlikely. I would not be surprised if GM had a team working on the production version Camaro when it was unveiled almost a year ago. I am sure GM anticipated the response that they received. I find it hard to believe that GM just started this project around the time that they announced they would build the Camaro.

I also would like to think that GM does not want to be the last man standing in the muscle car wars. The challenger will be out in '08 I believe and obviously the Mustang is going nowhere. IMO the earlier the better for GM.

Like I said, I am in no way expecting or even optimistic about an early arrival (Hopeful - yes), I just don't think it is at all impossible for them to be at this stage.

Also, I was browsing around for future car models today and you already see spy photos/videos of other 2009 model cars... My question: how long on average does it take to test a car before its release? If some of these makers are already testing their 09 models that suggests one of two things. The Camaro is nearing the production stages or the Camaro is not going to be tested nearly as rigorously as other models... which is it?
Prototype camoflaged cars are on the road anything from 18 months to 3 year before production.....so I wouldn't read too much into it. Besides, the car will utilise the Zeta platform and a massive amount of the hardware the Camaro will use will already have been tested during the development of the Holden Commodore. That said, I reckon you can expect to see spy shots of cammo'd Camaros some time next year.

So, if there's no announcement at SEMA, I guess the next time we can hope for anything firm will be Detroit in January. Oh, to have the production car there!