View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 11:15 AM   #259
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkySS View Post
FYI I don't see a need for more boost from factory (although it would be nice ). I am betting it's better planted. Did anyone else notice 6 piston vs. 4 piston on the front . Maybe a slight weight reduction to 3,800 or less and 560hp with it being better planted and even better stopping? Plus much better at putting it to the ground than the competition (yes I am talking about you GT500 guys...no disrespect but it's no secret they are hard to get planted).
The ZR1 weighs 125 lbs more than a base coupe. That is with an aluminum frame (vs steel), gobs of carbon fibre (vs fibre glass), and balsa wood in the floor (vs ???). The chances that they could shave 50 lbs off the Camaro while supercharging it is slim to nil. The problem is that when you add a supercharger and intercooler, and beef up the suspension and brakes and whatever else they did, you add weight. More weight than you can hope to save unless you go with a gutted, stripped down street-legal race car.

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote