Originally Posted by ghazzi1397
Here are few points (IMO) that basically summarize why Mustang is doing better now.
1) The Camaro is slowly loosing its looks appeal, meaning that just six months ago people were willing to buy the Camaro just because it will turn heads, now with too many of them on street, they dont turn as much heads as they used to.
2) The Mustang doesnt turn heads at all, but people now are considering the performance advantage that the Mustang has, and probably think that the better performance provided by the Mustang is a better deal than the few turning heads provided by the Camaro
3) Mustang has 3 engine choices, Camaro only have two.
4) Mustang has convertibles, Camaro doesn't
5) Mustang has more OEM accessories than the Camaro (I dont understand why the Camaro doesnt have a lot of OEM accessories, and no performance accessories at all, even the CAI by GMPP is scrapped so far)
6) Ford offers more options that are available for the Mustang, including a class exclusive glass roof.
Except for part of point "1", I am in partial agreement. However - I'd like to add that I think SEMA is showing the auto' enthusiasts that GM is amplifying it's support for CAMARO, so now they just have to make that known to the public. I'm sure the ragtop will help that, but I'm crossing my fingers these numbers aren't a trend... I'm sure they're not though
Camaro is still getting attention
05 Hummer H2 SUV on OEM Air Ride
Forged 11.1:1 408 LQ4 (K1 crank & rods; Mahle pistons)/CPP LS3 CNC heads/BTR Stage IV LS3 cam and valvetrain/home ported L92 intake manifold/ported 90mm TB/custom Volant CAI/mid-length headers/AFE dual 3" CB/Corvette Servo/el cheapo lift/Cognito UCAs/e'fan conversion/aluminum radiator/Moroso catchcan/HPTuners by me/LED exterior lighting/Pioneer AVH-5600BHS/Pioneer GM-9601/2-Pioneer TS-W310D4/Obcon Labyrinth dual-12 box/lots of other stuff