View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 07:03 PM   #161
GJG

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed racer View Post
overhaulengines and GJG

Do you have any more pics from different angles of the front end...

I had only one concern... When I install these ports, do they have the proper bend on the outside rim of the port to mount completely flush to the bumber with no gaps?

I was worried that if I cut the hole just a little off, then the port might not lay completely flat on the contour of the corner of the bumber... I want them to be totally flush and look like they were painted while on the bumber, even though Gary's is painting them for me and I will be installing them prepainted...Thanks for your input...
the answer is yes and no.....they fit very well but the fascia is very flexible so after you install and get it all clamped in place you use shims....not supplied.....between the inner ring and the inside of the fascia to "push" it out tight with the flange on the t3. this is in the instructions.....

i was anal about this as well.....if the t3 flange and the facia have gaps between them it will look aftermarket......

the shims are the trick though.....i cut up some 1/16 and 1/8" shims and it does the trick.....the center side upper corner is tricky to shim due to inner fascia parts being in the way but in my opinion is the most critical corner for a factory look.....it is also the corner that needed the most help....

after the adhesive dried i used a urethane caulk......(i own an autoglass business so it was readily available and cures rigid).....to seal the inner "gap" which served to lock the shims in place....

Last edited by GJG; 11-20-2010 at 07:27 PM.
GJG is offline   Reply With Quote