View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 07:09 PM   #74
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
Lets get some customer feedback..

What would you rather have? Great every day pricing...or coupon codes? Reason I ask, is I see people asking if there is a Camaro5 coupon code like they don't want to buy unless there us one. I could do something like that, but to make it work margin wise, it would result in higher website price on many items. Currently we price everything competitively, and when we can save customers extra, we just run a sale.

We rarely do coupon codes because it adds a layer of complexity to ordering, and also makes people feel like unless they have a coupon code, they are missing a deal.
Great question MarylandSpeed. For me (the originator of this thread) I have spent about $5,500 in mods in the past 2 months for about $7,000 worth of goods. I used coupon codes for some (uniqueautodepot on my IO engine dress up parts for example) and multi-item discounts (exhaust, intake and tail lights from APEX for example). I think the smart shopper compares prices on products with/without coupon codes / multi-item discounts and considers the shipping cost.....
That is from the shopping stand point....

I think from the sales point of view you have to consider not all shoppers take that much time to research and a coupon code (with a higher retail price so your profit margin remains acceptable) will "suck" the consumer in thinking they are getting a great deal and they better act fast before that coupon code expires.

Now, as far as the C5 shoppers... we all know that C5 shoppers are on an average a little smarter and more in touch with what a fair price would be for most Camaro items...... with that being said most vendors / sponsors on C5 begin to develop a relationship with their customers, offering maybe a little lower price and great customer service knowing that customer will return and bring others (word of mouth).

That was a lot of rambling and I have not answered your question...
"What would I rather have... coupon code or everyday low prices".
Me, I don't care because I'll find the lowest price whether it is with a coupon or not... so, you see, there is no "one size fits all" answer.

I say just remain a C5 sponsor, provide fair prices and great customer service and the shopper and the vendor will be satisfied with the transaction.

I still didn't answer your question did I?

*TROPHY RECIPIENT - GREATEST SHOW ON TURF 9/11/11*
*1ST PLACE MODERN MUSCLE - CORONADO SPEED FESTIVAL 9/23/11*
*AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - GOOD GUYS DEL MAR FALL NATIONALS 11/27/11*
*1ST PLACE / '82&UP CAMARO/FIREBIRD- FORT WALTON BEACH FF SHOW 2/16/13*
BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120353