View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 02:56 PM   #46
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350 HRSS View Post
Quick question since we are on the dealer question....my dealer says I am in slot #1, in his allocation of 3. One of the cars ordered is a V6. If I go see my dealer and ask him about this Feb. 6th date, is he going to have any clue what I am talking about?

To be clear, yall are saying, that they can submit whichever order they want first, either the 1, 2, or 3 allocation, right?

Are yall saying it would do me no good to go down there, and try to confirm that I am honestly in slot #1?
Here's my understanding. In the first order period (first consensus) every dealer will get 2 cars. The first will be a v6 that does not count as part of their allotment. I don't even think they can option it out. GM will just be sending them a car that is supposed to go on the lot/showroom. The 2nd is of their choosing.

About the allocation rank... if the dealer says you are #1 out of three, that means that he is telling you the first car he can order will be yours (as long as he CAN order what you want, there might be constraints on your choice). But, there's no system preventing him from ordering a different car ahead of yours. He could order his own SS in front and there's nothing anyone but the dealer's management/ownership could do about it.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote