View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 12:21 AM   #18
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNV View Post
Looks great. I still want to go with projectors. Still up in the air in what direction I want to take. I was hoping to also see more info on the Flashtech projectors. Getting install info out of them seems to be like pulling teeth haha.
Projectors are the way to go. Even with the way it's unlevel you can still see the nice cut-off line of the Morimoto. I think it's going be a better line and throw than the OEM can do. Should be at least as good.

I tried to squeeze a little info out of Flashtech about the projectors they were using but got no response either. I didn't like the shrouds they used though. Made it look kinda of cheap. I definately didn't like the looks of their Halo ring either. Too much space in between the LEDs. I attached a close up of the one they posted. Compare the looks of the overall housing with the ones TRS did. TRS did a much better job IMO.

I would say don't waste your time and call TRS. Their website is in my first post. The customer service is fantastic. They answer their phone when you call and also answer their email. They have great prices on quality parts. Do a search on YouTube and Google for TheRetrofitSource and Mormimoto.

TRS will do basic retrofits like I did but they really aren't setup to do a bunch of retrofits. I'm sure if you wanted to go with a black background and a halo ring they could do that as well. Much more than that (which you probably wouldn't do) and you'll probably have to go to a custom retrofit person which is much more expensive. If for some reason those guys don't work out PM me and I'll get you a contact of someone else to talk to.

These are from FlashTech:
Attached Images

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote