View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 12:55 PM   #24
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I went with #4. I expect the power to be above the CTS-V's 556, somewhere between 570 and 600. But I'm not willing to say definitively that it will be the LSA. It probably will be, but there is a reasonable chance that it won't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
I really need to take my vote back and put it on the last one.

although I feel the lsa will be under the hood, I think it's too early to claim it as fact.

If it is the LSA it will be more then 556 hp. mainly do to my belief of better intake and exhaust flow like on the v-6.
I can switch your vote for you, I assume you picked choice #3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
I've got my fingers crossed for an LSA/LS9 hybrid with forged slugs, etc. While the LSA can definitely compete with the GT500 powerplant stock, it doesn't have near the ability to modded to high HP levels like the overbuilt GT500 engine.

That's one area that Ford definitely has the upper hand if the Z/28 comes with an LSA.
If there is a hybrid between the LSA and and LS9 I'd put my money on it going the other way. LSA on the inside, with a 2.3L blower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derklug View Post
595 to get 1/4 mile better than a GT500. Road course performance will depend on price point.
Isn't the CTS-V essentially on par with the GT500 (or at most, a little behind), with 556 hp and ~4400 lbs? As for road course performance, I have no doubts to the Z28's superiority. There is a lot of potential thats untaped in the SS, and I doubt that was accidental.

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote