As reported on HOMEPAGE
This just in from BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet, who has just attended a National Chevrolet Dealer's meeting where among other things, the upcoming "Camaro Z28" or "HP Edition" model was confirmed and discussed!
Here are the confirmed details from the meeting:
- Production begins January 1, 2012
- Internally referred to as the "HP Edition" model (it was not actually referred to as "Z28" during the meeting and was only referred to as the "HP Edition")
- "Z28" name has not been confirmed nor was it used in the meeting. The final name may potentially not be "Z28"
- 6.2L supercharged engine
- Magnetic Ride suspension
- 285F / 330R tires
- Hood design to have louvre/slat design seen in spy photos (dealers in attendance were shown a gray Z28 model)
- Slight (not major) updates to the interior, with some brighter trimwork
As for the 2012 Camaro generally, the 45th anniversary edition (which we discussed here
) will be for both coupe and convertible models. It will come in carbon flash color with all black interior and unique wheels.