View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 11:20 AM   #238
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Lightbulb Getting Ready for First Service... GO ROYAL PURPLE!

Orange Krate is due to have all the fluids and lube services for his first time (Break in fluid removal). I didn't want to have to dig up information or rely on the local parts store to try and figure out what I need, so I emailed Royal Purple and they were all over my email! Great service and from all accounts I have read it is a great product. I look forward to SEEING the results! I picked up the Royal Purple Oil and Filter, Radiator treatment and Power Steering Fluid at Pep Boys. I also went to O'Reilly's and they said they could special order the Gear Lube, Grease, and Transmission Oil for me.

A follow up to the post oil change is in my next entry #239.
Here is their email response back as to product names/types/amounts and description. I gave Royal Purple the link to Camaro5.com and my thread and told them I would post their information. ROYAL PURPLE URL: http://royalpurple.com

Quote:
Good morning,
I can see you are very proud of your new Camaro. You have made the right choice for the best protection and performance for your car.

For your 2011 Chevy Camaro 6.2L with 6-speed manual transmission we recommend the following:

Engine: Royal Purple SAE 5W30 (part #01530, quart bottle or part #12530, 12-Qt Case). You will need 8 quarts.

Oil Filter: Royal Purple part #10-48.

Manual Trans: Royal Purple Synchromax (part #01021, quart bottle). You need 4.1 quarts.

Differential: Royal Purple Max Gear 75W90 (part #01300, quart bottle). You need 1.4 quarts. You do not need to add the limited slip additive. This is contained in the Max Gear formula.

Power Steering: Royal Purple Max EZ (part #01326, 12 oz bottle).

Radiator Additive: Purple Ice (part #01600, quart bottle). You will need to treat you system with ¾ of a bottle. Please see product label for complete instructions.

Multi-Service Grease: Ultra-Performance Grease (part #01312, 1 tube) is a high performance multi-service, aluminum-complex, synthetic grease which increases bearing life and equipment reliability. Is compatible with most reputable greases. Not compatible with Silicone grease, polyurethanes, and clays.

Thank you for choosing Royal Purple and have a great day!

Best Regards

Steve Mathews
Technical Services
Royal Purple Inc.
281-354-8600

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com

Last edited by Orange Krate; 01-15-2011 at 10:09 PM.
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote