View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 10:42 AM   #15
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsololobo02 View Post
Gretchen,

Thanks for the info. I think I will keep the boost at 5 PSI for the moment until more testing is done so I don't have to change out rods, pistons, valve springs or tranny from stock. I'd rather err on the side of safety when working with stock tolerances/capabilities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro guy View Post
i dont think anyone makes those parts. how do you plan on changing them and or the tranny?
I think we can get rods, but they may not be too big a problem. Definitely want to replace the bolts. Pistons are a totally different matter. These things are funky to deal with the DI, so it will take a custom set. I'm saving for that now. As for the tranny, I'm considering complete replacement but I'm not sure how that will work with these new type controllers. That's going to take a bit of research. There's a guy locally that says we could rebuild it ourselves, but I think he's assuming there are parts available.

Anyways, I starting at 5-6 psi, too. I'll do lots of logging as I work my way up to 8-9. I think she can handle it, but probably not much more. I'll working on some stuff to lower the compression a bit, but that's going to take a while (and money) to do it right. Some may be possible with custom pistons, but probably not enough without decreasing effeciency of the DI setup. Biggest think will the to tear it apart at some point and see what it really looks like in there.
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote