Thread: JL Stealth box
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 01:31 PM   #7
Topdown
The wait is over!

Drives: 2010 Camaro, IOM, L99, Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Unique4U View Post
Excellent ideas guys. I am a beginner when it comes to car audio. What setup is best for me? I like hip hop, rap, R&B, and rock. But mostly hip hop and rap. Idk what the difference between 10" and 12".

difference between 10 and 12 is cone area and typically (not always) the depth that the sub can play.

more cone area (assuming excursion, enclosure, etc... is equal) = more output

I have been running 10's in most everything I drive for a long long time... they hit plenty hard and plenty low... I think the general consensus is that if you can fit more cone area - use it. a pair of 12's in the rear-firing dual enclosure from subthump should be pretty awesome. As well as the triple-10 enclosure or even the ported single-12 enclosure should all get you exactly what your looking for and Steve@subthump has some decent packages put together to get you started for a real reasonable price. and I can personally attest that the quality is outstanding.

ultimately it depends on what you want. Do you want good blending and sound quality or are you looking to be able to crack pavement? not that you cant have both, but being up front with what you really want to do with your system (to yourself) will change the components you use to put your system together. subs, amps, fronts, processing?, head unit?, etc...

AlphaDamp CLD Mat - Get more Sound Deadening with less Sound Deadener
Topdown is offline   Reply With Quote